Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Home Projects


Walker, last night in the bath. He wanted me to see his scary, green hands.

We've had a couple of busy weeks around here. Scott has been working hard to complete several projects (at the same time). They are all pretty BIG projects and I'm always amazed by what a professional job Scott does. I mean, I know he can do it, but how does he know how to do EVERYTHING?


This is a very blurry picture of Walker, but I was actually just trying to show the new oil barrel (to Walker's right). It's now, installed, filled and running.


Scott is here, working on the new water filtration system. There is another tank about that same size as the white one shown and is on it's way. Then he can finish that up. You can't see it in this pic, but he also recently installed a second sump pump (in the corner to his left). The first worked fine, but he thought a second, back up one was a good idea - just in case.


Here's the new generator box. I just learned how to use it if I need to. We didn't loose power in the last storm, but Scott still wants to. Maybe I should just be late on the electric bill...

I love the free publication that Kraft foods sends me. They have a lot of yummy, easy dinner recipes. I enjoy trying new recipes, enjoy cooking and drinking wine at the same time. I'm like Julia Child. If you want to subscribe to this magazine (FREE!) go to www.kraftfoods.com/share
and sign up. This week I tried their shepherd's pie recipe. It's even better than my made up one because the mashed potatoes have garlic and cream cheese in them. I also tried their lasagna but added in hot sausage because I like it. The cheesy, spinach manicotti looks good, but I'd use those extra large shells. I find manicotti difficult to work with and always end up ripping them by mistake. I'm gonna go out for the ingredients to the "mac & cheese taco bake" and the "Caribbean pork N Rice." Walker won't eat any of this, of course, but we always have plain chicken, pork, steak and pizza available for him. I make at least 2 different main courses every night (just like my mom used to). Scott and I would get bored if we ate like Walker.

I've got 5 rolls of film to pick up this afternoon. Yay. Lots of pictures. I really need to get going with my scrapbooking. I'm a year behind and really dislike that feeling.

No comments: