Monday, January 14, 2008

Another Snow Day


Check it out - I can now take a picture and get it here in the same day. That's so new to me. These are still from my new phone. But Sue is going to give me her old digital and now I'm way excited to get it! I never realized it'd be so convenient. It'll definitely make me want to post more. It's always better with a picture or 6. This picture is Walker and Morgan when we came in from the snow. Morgan is so cuddly now. She used to hide from people. But having Walker around has really gotten her out of her shy phase. They are great friends now. She tries to wake him up every morning around 5 by purring near his head. She doesn't wake him up, but I end up waking.

We love snow days! We were pretty sure Walker wouldn't have school today, but you can never really tell. So we did get him to bed at the regular school bed time last night. Happily, we woke up to a message on the answering machine saying school was cancelled (not that we don't love school). We thought we'd have a pj/lazy morning, and did. We made a big breakfast of eggs, bacon and sausage. Scott and Walker played Halo (the original one today for a change of pace) and I continued to watch season 3 of Melrose Place.

After lunch we got dressed and ready to go out to play in the snow. We've got a good 12 new inches in the yard. We needed it. The old snow was looking grungy. Scott was out plowing while Walker and I played outside. I dragged the Christmas tree way over to the side yard to the compost bin. When I took it down I just stuffed it out the front door (which we never use) and there it sat for the past 2 weeks. It was heavy to drag and the compost bin felt like it was 3 miles away, but it's good exersize. We also got to do a little sledding, down the "hills" Scott creates when he plows. Short, but steep little slopes for us. It's exhausting walking and playing in the snow.

I just checked to see if we'd have dance classes this evening. The web site said to check back after 2PM. No dance tonight! Yay! I love going to the studio, but it's so fun to have a special snow day where all the regular stuff is called off for a day. Now we can just relax the rest of the day. Scott is taking tonight off so he won't have to drive to work in the worst of it. Maybe we'll drink a little beer tonight. It'll be like a Saturday night for him.

Walker and I are going to make a banana bread. I want to use up the soft, mushy bananas we have left. I hate wasting them. I love cooking and baking with that snowed-in feeling.

The news just mentioned that the power company is expecting outages. Scott is actually hoping to loose power. He wants to try the new generator for real. We did have a practice outage Friday night, but that's not like the real thing. We're all set for anything now.


The snow pile is higher than Walker



Walker loves snow.

When I saw that "Rock of Love II" is a new show, I just had to wonder whatever happened to Jess? I thought Brett Michaels had found true love. Something tells me he wanted to find women more than love. So now they are at it again. The previews show Heather, the crazy chick that tried to win him by getting his name tattooed on her neck. She's baaack... As a judge or something.

Have you seen the show "Celebrity Rehab?" It's so sad and insane. Horrifying really, yet somehow addictive. I can't believe the condition of Jeff Conway. He was so hot as Kenicki in Grease. Crazy. These are the shows I get to watch when I actually get tv time for myself with noone around. It's all that's on late at night, right?

No comments: