Friday, January 11, 2008

Got a camera phone!

My old cell phone battery is dying. I can charge it up, every night, and I'll still get only about 5 minutes to talk. I make a call and immediately say, "If my phone dies..." I started looking at new batteries before Christmas. I must be cheap because I can't see paying $45 for a new phone battery. I was thinking more like $10 at most. Scott got tired of hearing me talk about it so for my birthday he gave me some cash to get the new battery. I finally made it to the Verizon store Wednesday morning. I really did just want the new battery. But the sales clerk said he just wanted to look up my account, yada, yada. Come to find out it was contract renewal time. You know what that means - a new phone! For free! The free model was the photo phone with a ton of other features that I'll never use. I don't even have a digital camera so this is pretty exciting. I even figured out how to email the pics from the phone to my computer for printing. Scott even got a new camera phone. So exciting. I didn't have to pay anything for these new phones the sales guy said were worth $200 each. I'd NEVER pay that for a phone. So what if we're locked into the contract for another 2 years. I like Verizon anyway and was not thinking of switching. The best part is I still have the birthday cash that now I can spend on something else - as well as call everyone and talk about it and take pictures of everything. All in all a good deal and a good day.

Tomorrow starts "peek week" at the Andover School of Ballet. It's the day parents are invited into the studio to watch class. It's very distracting to the kids, especially the little ones who want to keep running to their parents for hugs. It's distracting to me because I know they are all taking video and photos and it's usually of my backside. Also, I'm not a very comfortable public speaker and it's like giving 5 hours worth of oral reports. But tomorrow is the longest day so I'll get that out of the way first. It's also sort of fun for the parents to finally get to be in the room and see what we've been doing. The director also comes in to talk to the parents first, so it makes the classes go by quickly. But I'm glad my b-day party was last week. I know I'll be exhausted by the end of tomorrow.


We're having lots of rain. Walker and I would prefer it to be snow. But at least the cars are being rinsed off. Of course Scott just paid to have his washed. That is why it's raining.



Picture taken on my new cell phone. Walker in the teacher's room at Steppin' Out. He's haning on an empty clothes rack. I don't know why it's in the teacher's room.


Another cell phone pic. I took it of myself in the car before work Wednesday afternoon in Andover.

No comments: