Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! I can't believe it's 2009. Whoever would have thought? Years ago I remember thinking about how old I'd be in 2000. I always thought, "Wow! That'll be really old." I imagined I'd never be able to do anything ful at all, ever again, being THAT old. Funny how time changes perspective.


We had a very casual New Year's Eve. It started snowing early in the morning and we got another 6 inches or so. Later in the day it started to slow down and the 3 of us were able to get to Hawaiian Isles Chinese Restaurant. Yummy. Walker saw and partook of his first pupu platter. He loved the fire in the middle! We went to bed at 10, but I did sneak back up to watch the ball drop with Scott.

Walker had his first sleep-over that was not at a relatives house. What a big boy! It was harder for me than him. He slept at Gage's house. Gage and his brother each had a friend sleep over, so it was a crazy house for their mom, Tina. She took the 4 of them to Friendlies Restaurant, then bowling, then called to ask if Walker could sleep over. I ended up driving a suitcase over there so Walker would have everything he needed. He had a good time.

Speaking of sleep-overs, Walker slept over at Auntie Sue's last night. She took Walker and Kaylee to ice skating then Walker called to see if he could sleep over there. I must be the overnight bag express delivery service. I dropped off his bag and a movie. He called in the morning wanting to come home and play Halo with Daddy. He'll be sleeping over there again tonight. We are having an adults only party here to celebrate my birthday (2 days early). Jonathan and Kaylee are babysitting. They have a little cake and some party snacks so they can celebrate over there. Here will be Sue and Donnie, Steven and Coreen and Lisa (not sure if she'd bringing her husband). The count-down is on to 6PM.

We're not ready to go back to work and school Monday. None of us is ready to get out of vacation mode. Yet, I actually think Walker is ready because he's getting bored. He does want to see his friends. He has only had 1 day of school in the past 4 weeks due to his pneumonia then the school being closed for a week due to the power outages. Nice, long vacation.

I go back to work Monday too and so does Scott. Next Saturday begins "peek" week at Andover School of Ballet. Unfortunately, it is the 1st day back from vacation for all our Saturday classes, so we don't really have time to prepare for the peek week (when the parents are invited to come into the classroom and I become a public speaker). Fun. Just 5 months until summer vacation. I'm looking forward to camping. I love my work, but I love vacation even more. Guess it wouldn't be vacation if we did this all the time, but still...

Some Christmas day shots...

Walker and Grammie. Walker is wearing his new Simpson's t-shirt.

Walker opened up the gift from Daddy and was amazed to see the Milennium Falcon. The REALLY BIG ONE. He loves it.


Grampie came with this HUGE red bag full of presents.
Walker and Nanny.
And a couple pictures from the night Walker slept at Gage's. When Walker's away, Mom and Dad play...

No comments: