Thursday, January 22, 2009

Twilight - too scary for Walker

I just finished the 2nd book in the "Twilight" series. I'm loving it. I got started because I'd heard that it was the best thing since Harry Potter. Walker wanted me to read it to him, but I thought I'd read it myself first. If it was good, I'd read it as fast as I wanted. If it was inappropriate I wouldn't read it to him. So, I finished the first one. Walker wanted to know what it was about. I told him about the love story between the human and the vampire. Nothing scary, no death and destruction (I left that part out). Suddenly, he is afraid of vampires. He doesn't want to be left alone in a room at night. Last weekend I made him a garlic clove necklace and he wore it. He felt much better. He also wore my big cross of nails. So he was doubly safe. Funny what sticks in their minds. I will not be reading this series to him. I have not discussed the werewolves from the next book with him. I can't wait to read the 3rd book. I'm anxiously awaiting Bella to be bitten and made immortal. Good story.
We've been busy. Walker is back to hip hop. Boy Scouts is also taking up some time. We've been doing a lot of play dates. His friend, Braydon, is coming over today after school. We've got Gage's 7th birthday party on Saturday. Walker's birthday invitations are all made out and ready to go, but I thought it was a little early for sending yet. The party isn't until Feb. 21. I can't believe he is going to be 7 already! The time just flies by.
I'm into the 2nd semester at Andover School of Ballet. We are halfway to summer now. We'll be gearing up for recital soon. Busy times ahead.

Here is Walker wearing his garlic necklace and his nail cross.

He should be safe from vampires now.





No comments: