Saturday, January 31, 2009

Family Karaoke Night

Walker FINALLY decided it might be fun to hang out with us in the music room last night. He's usually dead set against it and makes us feel terrible about having any fun without him. But last night was different. We spent time first planning his "pinewood derby" car for boy scouts. After that Walker said he didn't want us to go sing. We don't usually on a Friday anyway, but since he brought it up we decided it sounded like a good idea. Scott and I are so evil! I made Walker the "official photographer" letting him use my new camera. He had a great time. He and Scott even did a couple of little comedy routines. Walker mostly said, "Yeah, like an idiot." But it was funny and seemed to work with whatever the theme was.


Walker being a little ham.
Beginning stages of the pinewood derby car.

Planning the pinewood derby car.

Walker took this one. I never would have thought to, but it's a good one. This is one of the binders I made that catalogs our music. Apparently, I had a lot of free time on my hands over Christmas vacation.
Scott and Walker - the standup comedy team.

He looks cute adjusting his mic.
Thinks he's funny.


The actually are funny together. Sorta the kid version of Cheech and Chong.


Walker took this. Don't know what I was looking at. Shaggy hair day. At least it's shiny. Sue gave me a new shampoo and conditioner that she hated but I like it. It's Garnier Fructis. Thanks Susie.


We took this of ourselves. Looks it. Our eyes are the same color.
We only missed one day of school this week due to snow. Some districts are going longer into the summer. Our district came up with a great plan where we won't have to go longer in the year. They're adding 10 minutes to the beginning of the day and 10 to the end. It won't really affect anything for us, but does meet the state standard for school days. So, I think it was a good solution. Have I mentioned we are halfway to summer? I miss camping. I'm ready to be warm all the time. I'm going around with my fingers frozen all the time these days. Even immediately after working out at the gym and I'm sweaty I still feel cold. Gotta wrap up in big sweaters and dream about Sandals, St. Lucia. If I win the lottery that is where I'm going first.


Walker took this picture of Morgan. She's a cutie. I can't believe she will be 9 this summer.

3 comments:

Vivienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vivienne said...

I love karaoke and am a total microphone hog! I see the scarves on one of your microphones...

I did a search for Bloggers who list Stevie Nicks in favorite music and invite you to visit my new fan blog, Stevie Nicks News. Feedback welcome!

*I messed up the html and had to delete my first comment. Sorry!

WalkerMom said...

The scarf mic is mine. I'm a mic hog too, but then again, so is my husband. I love Stevie Nicks. She's my favorite to sing.