Monday, December 22, 2008

California Dreamin...

You'd think we would definitely be in the Christmas spirit by now, what with all the snow! But all I feel right now is weary. ALL of last week there was no school due to the power outage. We had no electricity for 9 days. Ugh! Today there is no school again, due to a huge snowstorm we had last night (Sunday). Not to be confused with the last huge snowstorm that blew through on Friday night. Scott and I spent three hours with the new snow blower and electric shovel. I'm moving to San Diego. I think I finally know what "weary" feels like.

At least the snow makes for some cute pictures.

That is a lot of snow on my car.

The snow is up past Walker's waist.
Scott and the industrial strength, new snowblower. Good thing he got that little red shelter thing. You really need it cuz the snow flies back up into your face without it. It is fun to run it, but not for as long as we needed to. It's a total body workout. Ow, my arms and back!

Climbing up.

Sliding down.


Into a pile.
Later we made snickerdoodles. That was fun. It was easy. One of my students gave me the "kit." All we had to do was add butter and an egg. Yummy. Hopefully, we will be able to save one or two for Santa.
I still have a lot of cleaning to do. Everyone is coming here for the holiday. I haven't even decided on a menu, never mind actually go out and buy anything. I also have a lot of wrapping to do. Looking forward to December 26.


No comments: