Sunday, October 29, 2006

So Little Time...

There are only 8 weeks until Christmas. Only one more big paycheck (being paid monthly does have it's drawbacks). I bought a few fun games for Walker this past week. I'm excited for Christmas - new games for us all!

The wind is whipping about madly. Lots of towns in the area lost power hours ago. I hope we don't. I'd better get a flashlight ready just in case. Either that or go to sleep, then I won't need one.

Walker has his "holiday harvest" party tomorrow. They aren't doing a typical Halloween party. I guess that's respectful of everyone's religion and all, but for the kids celebrating Halloween it's a drag. They want to wear their costumes now - again and again. We did get to go to a fun Halloween event yesterday at a local elementary school. It was really fun for him. For us adults too. So anyway, for the party tomorrow I was requested to make orange jello. We did jello jigglers. They are much more fun than just a bowl full of jello. Oh, they are supposed to wear their pjs to the school for the party, so that's like a costume. The kids are all excited about it. Walker went to bed in his Spiderman pj's and is excited that he'll wake up and be ready for school and not even have to get dressed.

I'm overwhelmed by the amount of work for the one college class I'm taking. It's now a lot of reading, a lot of writing and making up pieces of dances as well as a full length piece that is a duet (with Walker) and a full length piece with a group of women in the class. I'm not really falling behind, but I'm not really getting a lot of out if. I'm just playing the "game" and doing the work as quickly as possible to get it out of the way. I've got other stuff to do.

This morning was nice. We skipped church/Sunday school. We did not have soccer today (the last game is next week). We also skipped the "family and mall" scene rehearsal for the Christmas show. I was going to skip the 3:15 rehearsal, but then realized I'm the one who has the music and I have to be there. It'b be bad if I wasn't there and they had no music. So we were there for that one and the one at 4:30. But it was nice to hang out at home all morning. After next week soccer will be over, so everything won't be so rushed every Sunday. I enjoy being part of the Christmas show, but it's taking all afternoon every Sunday and we're getting worn out. I've even cut my groups rehearsal from 1 hour to 45 minutes. They are doing really well and are ready to perform next weekend, though the show isn't until December 9. Tickets go on sale next weekend! The countdown to free Sundays begins!

Signing off now before the wind clears this rambling...

No comments: