Friday, October 13, 2006

Autumn Friday

This is a picture from August. We visited Portsmouth, NH, a seacoast city. Walker loved running along the docks. In the background is the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.

The weather is beautiful here. It really is. I'm also in a good mood because I've started Christmas shopping. I'm trying to NOT charge anything this year. We'll see.

A lot of peope must be taking advantage of the great weather. I had a low attendance in my 3-year old dance class this morning. Either that or everyone now has the croup which has been going around. Walker had it last week. It sounds much worse that it is.

I do not like the Shaws supermarkets. They are overpriced. Even with my "discount" card, they are still more than Hannaford, where I usually shop. I just stopped by Shaws because it was convenient for me today. Unfortunately, it was a bad experience. Except for the backed salmon with curry sauce that a very pleasant gentleman was preparing at the seafood counter and giving out samples. The cart I used pulled very hard to the right. It didn't do that until I'd started loading groceries into it. Then what would I do, leave the store and change carts? I didn't, but did get more and more aggravated as I went. I kept smiling, though, as I always do at the market. It's a sort of game Walker and I play (even though he wasn't with me today). We try to smile because we've noticed that most people in grocery stores are not smiling. I don't know why? We like to shop and are (usually) happy with it. They now have TV screens at the registers so you can watch while you wait. I'd prefer NOT to watch TV and get checked out quickly. They only had 2 lines open and they were very long lines. They should just pay someone their mimimun wage to check people out, rather than upgrade all the isles with TVs and keep people waiting. I can watch TV at home. Don't need to at Shaws!

But like I said. I am still in a good mood. Even though I am still getting bills for ear tube removal surgery that Walker had in March. For some reason the insurance doesn't want to pay for it. Unfortunately for them they did pay for the anesthesia for this procedure. So why not the procedure!? I hate "issues" like this and tend to just put the envelope aside and hope it all goes away. It is on my list of things to do, though, so that it is purged from my mind completely.

Happy day to you!

No comments: