Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's the Little Things...

So far it has been one of those days where all the little things were good. For example, I went for my Dunkin Donuts coffee expecting to pay $2.00. When the server said $.53 I thought she was wrong. Nope, customer appreciation day in my favor. I'm so happy about it I may stop there AGAIN on my way to the next job!

I did a little more Christmas shopping this morning. There was a huge toy clearance area at Wal*Mart. I got 5 really good things for only $27. Not just junk, but actual things that are already on the list of things to write to Santa about.

My classes at the YMCA this morning were good. The kids are so well behaved and a joy to have in class. All of them!

The monarch butterflies are starting their southern migration. They seem to have a path directly above our house. We keep pretending they are the ones we "hatched." All four of ours Walker named Steve (I don't know why). Every time we see a butterfly we have to say hello to Steve.

I do not like that new shampoo and conditioner called "Sun Silk." It makes my hair feel yucky, not good, soft and silky. I'll be going back to Pantene as soon as I'm through with the SS (yeah, I'll actually use it all up even though I don't like it - I'm cheap). My sister also recommends the Dove line. I did try that and it was good too.

We went for a hike at the state park yesterday. There is a lean-to there that we renamed the "Shrieking Shack" after the one in Harry Potter and the Prisoner from Azkaban. Walker liked blazing new trails through the woods. We do have woods near our home, but are not comfortable walking there as there are hunters out now.

Anyway, back to life.

1 comment:

Felice Luftschein said...

I like the dove anti frizz stuff for my ultra frizzy messy hair. And I appreciate Dove's ad compaign using "chubby" models that look like real people even though it's just a gimmick to get me to like and buy their stuff. It worked .