Monday, October 02, 2006

Another Day, Another Tantrum

Here I am staring a blog. Hmm, not a great time to start. It's been a very long day. Before becoming a mom, I never realized children were still into the whole "tantrum thing" long after the toddler days were over. My preschooler is 4 and has very big opinions on everything and his mother's temper to go with it. We are so much alike it's scary. Also very interesting to see how my personality and Scott's have morphed together to create this little guy.

Anyway, this morning's issue was itchy tags on the pj's. He wanted them cut off immediately. He'd been wearing them all night with no issues, but it became terribly important for those tags to be gone right NOW. Unfortunately, I do not have scissor hands, or even keep a pair upstairs in any bedroom. That was all it took for a huge meltdown. So, of course I can't have a tantrum and let him get away with it (maybe I should, but anyway), I always say, "Nothing good will happen, blah, blah, blah." No TV with breakfast with that behavior, no sir! Of course that made it worse and one thing led to another and off we go an hour later to preschool all grumpy.

But, you gotta love the resiliency of kids. Luckily, he was in a great mood when I picked him up after Pre-K.

While he was at school, I was off to my own class. A choreography class where we are working hard to learn how to "free your neck."

I feel like the mom in that Dunkin Donuts commercial where she's driving all the kids to all their activities. That's what I do every day and I only have 1 child. Soccer, karate, dance, speech, school, library. No wonder we need our coffee!

I'm trying to use my pedometer a lot, make sure I get enough milage in. Today I only went 3.5 miles and didn't even try to run the rest up before bed. Too tired. Hopefully, I'll have something more interesting to report the next time.

1 comment:

Felice Luftschein said...

Hey fellow blogger lady!I'll read your if you read mine. I can't believe how many people don't even know what they are still or bother reading when i tell them.
Henry has a crazy tag hang up thing too and makes me cut the tags off all his clothes.
See you in the blogosphere..