Sunday, April 19, 2009

The fun never stops

Busy days lately. Now we're into baseball. We've got practice 3 times a week. We've got to fit that in with boy scouts and hip hop (not to mention my work, Scott's work and school). Everything is going so quickly lately. Summer will be nice. Time to slow down and relax.
Studio life this time of year is crazy with everything recital (ticket sales, costumes, choreography, rehearsals, music, programs, chaperone finding, dance photos!). I'm done with all my dances. Good. That's a HUGE relief to me. Trying to finish 15 dances makes me feel like I have homework all the time until it's done. So now it is all done and I'm very happy about that. I like all my dances and think the kids do too. I've actually got one more dance still in the works but it's not for recital, so it's not "time sensitive." The one that is not finished is for my new adult jazz class that we just started 6 weeks ago. We're doing a 10 week session in Andover for adults. It's fun. I like to add on a little bit to that dance every week, but since we're not performing that piece it's more fun than work for me. Something different for me, choreographing for adults. It's fun and good, but I'm still ready for summer!
Here are some pictures of a sleepover a couple weeks ago - Walker's best friend, Gage, slept over and they actually sang some karaoke with us and LIKED IT. A first for Walker. See, parents can be FUN!



Gage and Walker singing to Spongebob music. Matching Spongebob pj pants were the "costume" of the evening.


Scott's not too sure about this. You can see how good the boys are by this look.

They're really getting into it.




Future rock star?

No comments: