Thursday, October 16, 2008

Road Trip

Walker and I got back Monday from a road trip to Worcester, MA. We visited Dad for two nights. It was a lot of fun. Dad always gives up his room/bed for us, so we are very comfortable there. We were very busy. Sunday we went to Southwicks Zoo in Mendon. http://www.southwickszoo.com/ Walker was just saying last week that he'd never been to a zoo. So he was especially happy to go see all the animals. It's a good place. A little expensive and the animals were mostly asleep, but overall a fun place to see. Both Walker and I agreed the elephant ride was our favorite thing that day.

The next day we went to Stowe Farm www.stowefarm.com/ We all agreed for the price we liked that place even better. They had a rock climbing wall, petting zoo, pony rides, teepee, gem mining and more. Walker had a blast. It was beautiful out there in Mendon, MA. Luckily, we had very good weather so it was perfect to be outside for both days. We're looking forward to going back to see Grandpa again in June. We'll see him before then, of course, but he'll probably be coming up here rather than us going down there. It was very nice seeing Dad and Marie.

Walker got his progress report. The teacher called him a class clown in a way that clearly states she does NOT think that is a good thing. He's a smart little guy, but likes to play more than sit still and be quiet and focused. We've got to figure it out somehow. I'm sure it'll be fine. If that's the worst thing he does then I guess we're OK.

We just got our second big bag of hand-me-downs in two weeks. We are so excited! We love free stuff. Just when we thought we didn't have a hand-me-down network we're the recipient of clothing people buy at kids Gap and Old Navy. Yippee! It is saving us a ton of money. My project this afternoon is to go through all Walker's clothes and take out the ones that are too small to pass on to the guy we give hand-me-downs to. Everybody wins.

My 25th class reunion is this weekend. (How did I get that old????) It is a three-event thing. Saturday is a family apple orchard trip. I can't go to that because I work all day Saturday. I can't get a sub for 5 classes. Nor do I actually want to. Saturday night is a dinner/dance thing. I've had so much of that for so many years. Scott too. We are both much happier at home. Neither of us wants to drink and drive. We do our drinking at home. I sound unsociable saying that, but it's true. I partied at dance clubs and bars for years and years and have totally gotten my fill of it. So we are skipping that event too. The one on Sunday I'd go to, but it's during Walker's soccer game. Guess what? I'd rather be at the soccer game than having a tour of my old high school. I go back to my high school every May and June for 8 recitals. Walker and I are always walking around the school killing time between shows. I don't have to skip a soccer game to do it. Maybe I'll go to the 30th. I have gone to every other reunion (every 5 years) but I'm just not feeling it this year.

Off to closet organization.


Me and Walker on the elephant. It felt really high.
Zoo brochure.

No comments: