Thursday, February 07, 2008

Dreamin' of Summer

Walker has no school again today due to the weather. It's the 2nd day off for him this week. Dance classes were cancelled this morning. A fun, snowed in morning for us.

I've been thinking about summer. We're more than half way through the school year, so summer is almost back. Last June's trip to Smuggler's Notch, VT was so great. It's a really family oriented resort. Something for every age. I'd go again if I could afford it! http://www.smuggs.com/ to check it out.

Below is a postcard of one of the Smuggs pool areas - the Mountainside pools. This area was Walker's favorite. Three pools and lots of slides, waterfalls and fun.


We're ready to book our camping trips. We're going back to Whit's End in July for about a week. We thought that was the best place we went last summer. I also want to try new places. You never know until you try, right? I've been doing lots of online researching of NH/VT/ME campgrounds and have come up with two to try. Crow's Nest Campground in Newport, NH http://www.crowsnestcampground.com/ and Ames Brook Campground in Ashland, NH http://www.amesbrook.com/ look like good ones. It's hard to tell from just a website, though, as we know from experience. Both these places have riverfront sites as well as pools and playgrounds. Waterfront sites at areas with pools are what I've been searching for. Who wants a campground with no swimming on site? Sounds hot and dry. When I think of camping I think of waking up and seeing water, having coffee with my feet IN water. Stuff like that. So come back here and look for the reviews after we've tried these.

Now we just have to figure out the WHEN and WHO will be going with us details and we'll be all set to book. We've learned you have to book very early (like when they first open for the season). You can't just decide in August to go away for the weekend and expect any available sites, especially good, waterfront ones. So, any people in our camping circle that want to come with us anywhere let me know soon so we can put it on the calendars.

The Pats loss was a devastating blow for all of New England. How sad this week has been. I think it's also sad that both Brady and Moss have decided not to go to the Pro Bowl. Are they really injured or is it sour grapes? Seems a little like poor sportsmanship to me.

No comments: