Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I Love Tuesdays

It's finally Tuesday. I love my job too, but Tuesday I'm off and I can be a full time mom/wife and also get time to myself. What do I do with this time? It's such a gift. Today I brought the treadmill into the playroom. It's been out on the breezeway and no one has been using it. It was fun to use indoors. I watched a "Baby Story" and walked. I still cry at that show. After that I went through my clothes closet and got together a bag of clothing for Goodwill. Good stuff, just out of date. I've been watching "What Not to Wear" so now I know what I'm talking about. ;-)

I'm heading off to Wal-Mart in a bit. I want to get some scrapbooking supplies. I have so many pictures to put in albums. I'm also in the market for a Hot Wheels or Matchbox Car storage case. Walker has one, but the hinge is broken and it keeps falling apart. He has so many cars we need to keep them organized. I didn't like anything at the Toys R Us website, the reviews of the 100 car case were all bad. People all said it was cheap and terrible. The 48 car model got a better review but we need more space than that. The Wal-Mart in Plaistow didn't have any, so maybe the Wal-Mart in Epping will have something. We're lucky, we have Wal-Marts in either direction about the same same distance apart.

Christmas shopping is weighing heavily on my mind. I'm trying to buy something each week, so it's not all at the last minute and charged in a frenzy. I have 2 things for Walker already - an X-Box game and a 700 piece Lego set. I don't even know what else to get. He wants everything he sees on TV, but has so many toys that he doesn't play with. We went crazy buying Ben 10 and Pokemon toys last year and they sit collecting dust. Building toys seem to be what he uses the most these days. I don't even know what to tell the family, who will all be asking very soon what he wants. Time for him to make his list. Oh, he does want big-ticket items like a laptop and an ipod and a cell phone. But NO. I'm not getting that stuff for a 6 year old!

Here's a picture of Walker and Kaylee a few weeks ago at Chuckie Cheeses. They were "riding" a scary roller coaster. There was a huge line for this game/ride.


No comments: