Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Busy Season

The first weekend of shows is over now. Only two more fun, busy weeks to go. Walker is doing great! He's got some good stamina for hanging out backstage and staying up late. It's much easier this year now that he's older. He's able to hang out with the other teacher's kids back stage and wander around the theater with them instead of just having to be in my sight all the time. Makes it easier on both of us. Luckily, Danny is there and that makes it all super fun for Walker.

Unfortunately, with all this recital stuff going on Walker has had to miss a lot of T-Ball practices. We've so far been able to make the games. That makes us look lame, but they know where we are, so it's OK. It's hard to "do it all."

I can finally talk about Auntie Jeanne and Uncle Buddy's 50th anniversary. It was really fun. I almost mentioned it a couple of times, but I know Jeanne reads here, so I didn't want to ruin the surprise. What a great celebration! I loved Bill's movie!

Walker is ready for summer vacation. We made a paper chain of how many school days were left. Each day we rip one off. He's down to just 20 more school days.

Scott is really busy with outdoor work. We've got a lot of wood to stack in the basement (once we get it in). He's also done a lot of planting around the yard. He dug a trench and put in edging and mulch all around the house. It looks really nice and was a lot of work. But it'll be worth it in how much easier it is to mow around now. It'll be a lot less week whapping.

Hopefully, the weather will start to get even warmer and we can get the pool water temp up. Walker's been in twice now, but it's only about 60! Brr!!

Walker's class hatched chicks a few weeks ago. This picture was sent home by his teacher, Mrs. Paul. I love the look on his face and how fascinated he and Gage are.
The kindergarten class also hatched a duck. They had one BIG egg and couldn't wait to see what was in it. Here is the duckling. All the babies ended up on someone's farm.
This great picture is from the Christmas show. It was taken and given to me by a wonderful photographer, Allie Burke. She is the official Steppin' Out photographer. I finally got it scanned in. Walker and I have an appointment with her for dance pictures. I wasn't going to do it, but then I noticed we have matching blue and turquoise costumes so what the heck. There goes our economic stimulous check! If they come out good I'll put them here.

No comments: